- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Antiques show at Forest Hills Lodge Feb. 18-19
The Northern Illinois Antiques Dealers Association (NIADA) announces the dates of their 52nd Annual Show . This year’s show will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 18, and from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 19, at the Forest Hills Lodge, Rockford.
The 40 participating dealers from throughout the Midwest have been gathering wonderful, quality antiques and collectibles to present at this year’s show. You’lll see 19th- and early 20th-century furniture, pottery, textiles, silver, folk art, toys, garden and decorative elements, and much more at the season’s first local show.
It’s always exciting to see what these experienced dealers will offer in their beautifully-arranged booths. At this friendly and diverse show, the most experienced collector and the novice collector will find something to appeal to them in every price range. The well-informed dealers are always ready to share their knowledge of antiques with their customers. Mary Lou’s Glass & China Repair will be available for your glass and china repair while you wait.
For more information about the show and participating dealers, visit the NIADA website at NIADAAntiques.com, or call (815) 761-1444. A portion of the profits from the show are donated by NIADA to several historical organizations in the northern Illinois area.
Forest Hills Lodge is located one-half mile east of Route 251 on Route 173. From I-90, take the Route 173 exit and go west to the lodge. The Forest Hills Lodge address is 1601 W. Lane Road, Loves Park, Ill.
Admission is $6. Food is available during the show, and parking is free. Door prizes will be awarded throughout the two-day show.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue