- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Antiques show at Forest Hills Lodge Feb. 18-19
The Northern Illinois Antiques Dealers Association (NIADA) announces the dates of their 52nd Annual Show . This year’s show will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 18, and from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 19, at the Forest Hills Lodge, Rockford.
The 40 participating dealers from throughout the Midwest have been gathering wonderful, quality antiques and collectibles to present at this year’s show. You’lll see 19th- and early 20th-century furniture, pottery, textiles, silver, folk art, toys, garden and decorative elements, and much more at the season’s first local show.
It’s always exciting to see what these experienced dealers will offer in their beautifully-arranged booths. At this friendly and diverse show, the most experienced collector and the novice collector will find something to appeal to them in every price range. The well-informed dealers are always ready to share their knowledge of antiques with their customers. Mary Lou’s Glass & China Repair will be available for your glass and china repair while you wait.
For more information about the show and participating dealers, visit the NIADA website at NIADAAntiques.com, or call (815) 761-1444. A portion of the profits from the show are donated by NIADA to several historical organizations in the northern Illinois area.
Forest Hills Lodge is located one-half mile east of Route 251 on Route 173. From I-90, take the Route 173 exit and go west to the lodge. The Forest Hills Lodge address is 1601 W. Lane Road, Loves Park, Ill.
Admission is $6. Food is available during the show, and parking is free. Door prizes will be awarded throughout the two-day show.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue