- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Chiropractor to discuss Alexander Technique Feb. 18
Local chiropractor Dr. Philip Schalow will lead a workshop about the F.M. Alexander Technique Saturday, Feb. 18. Dr. Schalow is a certified instructor of the Alexander Technique.
The value of the Alexander Technique has been recognized in such diverse areas as early childhood education, rehabilitation and pain centers, and the performing arts. Research supports the use of Alexander Technique in improving breathing, reducing back pain and improving blood pressure.
The technique is also an important adjunct to upper cervical chiropractic by giving people a method for reducing tension that creates spinal misalignments.
Dr. Schalow is the owner of 1st Step Chiropractic, Rockford’s first center for the NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association) procedure for correcting the atlas misalignment. He has been studying and teaching the Alexander Technique since 1979. For more information, call (815) 398-4500.
1st Step Chiropractic is at 4519 Highcrest Road, Rockford. Visit www.myrockfordchiropractor.com for more details.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue