- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Chiropractor to discuss Alexander Technique Feb. 18
Local chiropractor Dr. Philip Schalow will lead a workshop about the F.M. Alexander Technique Saturday, Feb. 18. Dr. Schalow is a certified instructor of the Alexander Technique.
The value of the Alexander Technique has been recognized in such diverse areas as early childhood education, rehabilitation and pain centers, and the performing arts. Research supports the use of Alexander Technique in improving breathing, reducing back pain and improving blood pressure.
The technique is also an important adjunct to upper cervical chiropractic by giving people a method for reducing tension that creates spinal misalignments.
Dr. Schalow is the owner of 1st Step Chiropractic, Rockford’s first center for the NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association) procedure for correcting the atlas misalignment. He has been studying and teaching the Alexander Technique since 1979. For more information, call (815) 398-4500.
1st Step Chiropractic is at 4519 Highcrest Road, Rockford. Visit www.myrockfordchiropractor.com for more details.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue