- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
Chiropractor to discuss Alexander Technique Feb. 18
Local chiropractor Dr. Philip Schalow will lead a workshop about the F.M. Alexander Technique Saturday, Feb. 18. Dr. Schalow is a certified instructor of the Alexander Technique.
The value of the Alexander Technique has been recognized in such diverse areas as early childhood education, rehabilitation and pain centers, and the performing arts. Research supports the use of Alexander Technique in improving breathing, reducing back pain and improving blood pressure.
The technique is also an important adjunct to upper cervical chiropractic by giving people a method for reducing tension that creates spinal misalignments.
Dr. Schalow is the owner of 1st Step Chiropractic, Rockford’s first center for the NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association) procedure for correcting the atlas misalignment. He has been studying and teaching the Alexander Technique since 1979. For more information, call (815) 398-4500.
1st Step Chiropractic is at 4519 Highcrest Road, Rockford. Visit www.myrockfordchiropractor.com for more details.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue