- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Chiropractor to discuss Alexander Technique Feb. 18
Local chiropractor Dr. Philip Schalow will lead a workshop about the F.M. Alexander Technique Saturday, Feb. 18. Dr. Schalow is a certified instructor of the Alexander Technique.
The value of the Alexander Technique has been recognized in such diverse areas as early childhood education, rehabilitation and pain centers, and the performing arts. Research supports the use of Alexander Technique in improving breathing, reducing back pain and improving blood pressure.
The technique is also an important adjunct to upper cervical chiropractic by giving people a method for reducing tension that creates spinal misalignments.
Dr. Schalow is the owner of 1st Step Chiropractic, Rockford’s first center for the NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association) procedure for correcting the atlas misalignment. He has been studying and teaching the Alexander Technique since 1979. For more information, call (815) 398-4500.
1st Step Chiropractic is at 4519 Highcrest Road, Rockford. Visit www.myrockfordchiropractor.com for more details.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue