- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Green Guide now online for recycling questions
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful now offers access to information about recycling “just about everything” available at www.knib.org/recycling/green-guide. The Green Guide provides information for the responsible disposal of household items. This recycling and disposal guide will help you determine the best way to handle unwanted items while creating a healthier environment. It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recycled and how to recycle it, and information on special handling or disposal. Information listed is intended for household users only with no endorsement of any businesses, vendor or product intended or implied.
Maintaining a clean and beautiful environment is a goal of Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful, whose recycling center in Roscoe is open on Saturday mornings throughout the year from 9 a.m.-noon. For further information about items collected for recycling there, visit www.knib.org/programs/recycling-center.
Since 1988, Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful has positioned itself as an outcome-based organization engaging all elements of the community to enhance neighborhoods by reducing, reusing and recycling our world’s resources for future generations.
Visit www.knib.org, find them on Facebook, or call the office at (815) 637-1343.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue