- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
Green Guide now online for recycling questions
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful now offers access to information about recycling “just about everything” available at www.knib.org/recycling/green-guide. The Green Guide provides information for the responsible disposal of household items. This recycling and disposal guide will help you determine the best way to handle unwanted items while creating a healthier environment. It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recycled and how to recycle it, and information on special handling or disposal. Information listed is intended for household users only with no endorsement of any businesses, vendor or product intended or implied.
Maintaining a clean and beautiful environment is a goal of Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful, whose recycling center in Roscoe is open on Saturday mornings throughout the year from 9 a.m.-noon. For further information about items collected for recycling there, visit www.knib.org/programs/recycling-center.
Since 1988, Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful has positioned itself as an outcome-based organization engaging all elements of the community to enhance neighborhoods by reducing, reusing and recycling our world’s resources for future generations.
Visit www.knib.org, find them on Facebook, or call the office at (815) 637-1343.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue