- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Green Guide now online for recycling questions
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful now offers access to information about recycling “just about everything” available at www.knib.org/recycling/green-guide. The Green Guide provides information for the responsible disposal of household items. This recycling and disposal guide will help you determine the best way to handle unwanted items while creating a healthier environment. It provides options for reusing or donating, information on what can be recycled and how to recycle it, and information on special handling or disposal. Information listed is intended for household users only with no endorsement of any businesses, vendor or product intended or implied.
Maintaining a clean and beautiful environment is a goal of Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful, whose recycling center in Roscoe is open on Saturday mornings throughout the year from 9 a.m.-noon. For further information about items collected for recycling there, visit www.knib.org/programs/recycling-center.
Since 1988, Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful has positioned itself as an outcome-based organization engaging all elements of the community to enhance neighborhoods by reducing, reusing and recycling our world’s resources for future generations.
Visit www.knib.org, find them on Facebook, or call the office at (815) 637-1343.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue