- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Local author Barbara Berney releases her first book
Barbara Berney of Rockford has many talents, and now some of them are on display in her new book, Love Letters in the Wilde.
The book is the marriage of two loves for Barbara: letters and the wit of the incomparable Oscar Wilde. Each letter is a small work of art paired with a Wilde quote, providing a humorous feast for the eyes and mind.
“Barbara’s book is a perfect blend of art and literature, and we look forward to the launch in February,” said World Artists Corporation Partner and Marketing Director Peter K. Yanke.
The book is being published and distributed through World Artists Corporation and is the first of the Letters series.
Love Letters in the Wilde is now available for pre-order at the WAC Store at www.WorldArtistsCorp.com. Berney will be appearing at book signings in Rockford, Chicago and surrounding areas of Illinois in February to launch the book.
Berney is a digital fine artist, graphic designer and jewelry designer. Her work is in private collections throughout the U.S. and in Japan, Italy and the United Kingdom.
World Artists Corporation (WAC) is a full-service publishing house, catering to both new and established artists, writers and other creative persons worldwide.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue