- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford AFP Chapter earns national designation
The Rockford chapter of the Association of Fund-raising Professionals (AFP) has announced its receipt of the national association’s Ten Star Award. The award indicates the chapter served as a model for engaging in activities that advance AFP’s strategic plan.
Every year, AFP, the largest association of professional fund-raisers in the world, honors chapters for achieving goals that align with key objectives in its long-range strategic plan. Chapters receive the Ten Star Award for performing specific activities designed to increase professionalism within fund-raising and public awareness of the importance of philanthropy.
AFP represents 30,000 members in 229 chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs. The association fosters development and growth of fund-raising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fund-raising profession. For more information, visit www.afpnet.org.
The Rockford Area Chapter of AFP has 66 members representing not-for-profits in the areas of education, health care, social services, environment, arts, community organizations and religion.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue