- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Rockford AFP Chapter earns national designation
The Rockford chapter of the Association of Fund-raising Professionals (AFP) has announced its receipt of the national association’s Ten Star Award. The award indicates the chapter served as a model for engaging in activities that advance AFP’s strategic plan.
Every year, AFP, the largest association of professional fund-raisers in the world, honors chapters for achieving goals that align with key objectives in its long-range strategic plan. Chapters receive the Ten Star Award for performing specific activities designed to increase professionalism within fund-raising and public awareness of the importance of philanthropy.
AFP represents 30,000 members in 229 chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs. The association fosters development and growth of fund-raising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fund-raising profession. For more information, visit www.afpnet.org.
The Rockford Area Chapter of AFP has 66 members representing not-for-profits in the areas of education, health care, social services, environment, arts, community organizations and religion.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue