- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Rockford AFP Chapter earns national designation
The Rockford chapter of the Association of Fund-raising Professionals (AFP) has announced its receipt of the national association’s Ten Star Award. The award indicates the chapter served as a model for engaging in activities that advance AFP’s strategic plan.
Every year, AFP, the largest association of professional fund-raisers in the world, honors chapters for achieving goals that align with key objectives in its long-range strategic plan. Chapters receive the Ten Star Award for performing specific activities designed to increase professionalism within fund-raising and public awareness of the importance of philanthropy.
AFP represents 30,000 members in 229 chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs. The association fosters development and growth of fund-raising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fund-raising profession. For more information, visit www.afpnet.org.
The Rockford Area Chapter of AFP has 66 members representing not-for-profits in the areas of education, health care, social services, environment, arts, community organizations and religion.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue