- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Rockford AFP Chapter earns national designation
The Rockford chapter of the Association of Fund-raising Professionals (AFP) has announced its receipt of the national association’s Ten Star Award. The award indicates the chapter served as a model for engaging in activities that advance AFP’s strategic plan.
Every year, AFP, the largest association of professional fund-raisers in the world, honors chapters for achieving goals that align with key objectives in its long-range strategic plan. Chapters receive the Ten Star Award for performing specific activities designed to increase professionalism within fund-raising and public awareness of the importance of philanthropy.
AFP represents 30,000 members in 229 chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs. The association fosters development and growth of fund-raising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fund-raising profession. For more information, visit www.afpnet.org.
The Rockford Area Chapter of AFP has 66 members representing not-for-profits in the areas of education, health care, social services, environment, arts, community organizations and religion.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue