- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
The Music Academy offers Cinderella-themed recital
A solo piano recital, “Daydreaming,” will be presented by Anne Olson of The Music Academy piano faculty at 3 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 19, in the First Lutheran Church Sanctuary, 225 S. Third St., Rockford.
The recital will feature classical and contemporary selections including the “Cinderella Suite” composed by Christos Tsitsaros of Champaign, Ill. It will be accompanied by Music Academy student visual artwork, “Depictions of Cinderella.” In keeping with this theme, girls are invited to don Cinderella or princess finery.
Photos taken of the Rock River by Lyle Frantz will accompany the composition, “Daydreaming Along the Rock River,” composed by Chicago-area pianist Bruce Berr. Also featured will be compositions by noted child prodigy and local pianist and composer Emily Bear. Other compositions on the program include “Suite Pour le Piano” by Claude Debussy; “Two Concert Etudes,” Franz Liszt; “Nocturne,” Tsitsaros; and “Rumanian Folk Dances,” by Bela Bartok.
A reception to meet the composers will follow the recital with special Cinderella-themed refreshments. The recital is free and families with young children are welcome.
The Music Academy (TMA) is a not-for-profit, community-based school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. It is the mission of TMA to inspire students to a lifelong love of music and the arts. TMA is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church. For more information, call (815) 986-0037 or visit www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue