- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
The Music Academy offers Cinderella-themed recital
A solo piano recital, “Daydreaming,” will be presented by Anne Olson of The Music Academy piano faculty at 3 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 19, in the First Lutheran Church Sanctuary, 225 S. Third St., Rockford.
The recital will feature classical and contemporary selections including the “Cinderella Suite” composed by Christos Tsitsaros of Champaign, Ill. It will be accompanied by Music Academy student visual artwork, “Depictions of Cinderella.” In keeping with this theme, girls are invited to don Cinderella or princess finery.
Photos taken of the Rock River by Lyle Frantz will accompany the composition, “Daydreaming Along the Rock River,” composed by Chicago-area pianist Bruce Berr. Also featured will be compositions by noted child prodigy and local pianist and composer Emily Bear. Other compositions on the program include “Suite Pour le Piano” by Claude Debussy; “Two Concert Etudes,” Franz Liszt; “Nocturne,” Tsitsaros; and “Rumanian Folk Dances,” by Bela Bartok.
A reception to meet the composers will follow the recital with special Cinderella-themed refreshments. The recital is free and families with young children are welcome.
The Music Academy (TMA) is a not-for-profit, community-based school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. It is the mission of TMA to inspire students to a lifelong love of music and the arts. TMA is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church. For more information, call (815) 986-0037 or visit www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com.
From the Feb. 15-21, 2012, issue