- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Rock Valley hosts Jazz Festival Feb. 18
Online Staff Report
Rock Valley College (RVC) will host its annual Jazz Festival Saturday, Feb. 18, in the Performing Arts Room in the ERC building on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
The Jazz Festival is a daylong event featuring high school jazz bands, a clinic and a concert to cap the evening.
The high school jazz bands will perform from 9 a.m. to noon, and admission for this portion of the day is free.
At 1:15 p.m., classically trained composer and jazz bassist Rick White will host a jazz clinic. Admission for this event is also free.
White is the director of instrumental music at Olympic College in Bremerton, Wash., where he teaches both years of music theory, jazz theory, bass lessons, and conducts both the jazz and wind ensembles.
The day will conclude with a special concert in the PAR at 7:30 p.m., featuring the RVC jazz ensembles with guest White. Tickets for the concert are $7 for adults and $6 for students/seniors and will be available at the door.
Posted Feb. 17, 2012