- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Rock Valley hosts Jazz Festival Feb. 18
Online Staff Report
Rock Valley College (RVC) will host its annual Jazz Festival Saturday, Feb. 18, in the Performing Arts Room in the ERC building on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
The Jazz Festival is a daylong event featuring high school jazz bands, a clinic and a concert to cap the evening.
The high school jazz bands will perform from 9 a.m. to noon, and admission for this portion of the day is free.
At 1:15 p.m., classically trained composer and jazz bassist Rick White will host a jazz clinic. Admission for this event is also free.
White is the director of instrumental music at Olympic College in Bremerton, Wash., where he teaches both years of music theory, jazz theory, bass lessons, and conducts both the jazz and wind ensembles.
The day will conclude with a special concert in the PAR at 7:30 p.m., featuring the RVC jazz ensembles with guest White. Tickets for the concert are $7 for adults and $6 for students/seniors and will be available at the door.
Posted Feb. 17, 2012