- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rock Valley hosts Jazz Festival Feb. 18
Online Staff Report
Rock Valley College (RVC) will host its annual Jazz Festival Saturday, Feb. 18, in the Performing Arts Room in the ERC building on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road.
The Jazz Festival is a daylong event featuring high school jazz bands, a clinic and a concert to cap the evening.
The high school jazz bands will perform from 9 a.m. to noon, and admission for this portion of the day is free.
At 1:15 p.m., classically trained composer and jazz bassist Rick White will host a jazz clinic. Admission for this event is also free.
White is the director of instrumental music at Olympic College in Bremerton, Wash., where he teaches both years of music theory, jazz theory, bass lessons, and conducts both the jazz and wind ensembles.
The day will conclude with a special concert in the PAR at 7:30 p.m., featuring the RVC jazz ensembles with guest White. Tickets for the concert are $7 for adults and $6 for students/seniors and will be available at the door.
Posted Feb. 17, 2012