- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Model Railroad Show set for Feb. 25-26 in Lena, Ill.
LENA, Ill. — The Depot Stove Gang Model Railroad Club will host its 24th Annual Model Railroad Show and Swap Meet from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 25, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 26.
The show at the Lena-Winslow elementary, junior high and high school gymnasiums will feature more than 30,000 square feet of operating displays, railroad memorabilia and model railroad merchandise.
The show will be at 401 Fremont St., Lena, Ill. Lena is 1 mile north of U.S. Route 20 on Illinois 73. Directional signs will be posted to guide visitors to the show.
The Depot Stove Gang Show is rated as one of the nicest and largest shows in the Midwest. Its 23rd year was a record year for exhibits, vendors and operating displays.
Parking and admission to the show are free, although free-will donations will be accepted at the entrance.
The Depot Stove Gang is an Illinois not-for-profit organization. For more about the show, contact the Freeport/Stephenson County Convention and Visitors Bureau at (815) 233-1357.
From the Feb. 22-28, 2012, issue