- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Model Railroad Show set for Feb. 25-26 in Lena, Ill.
LENA, Ill. — The Depot Stove Gang Model Railroad Club will host its 24th Annual Model Railroad Show and Swap Meet from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 25, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 26.
The show at the Lena-Winslow elementary, junior high and high school gymnasiums will feature more than 30,000 square feet of operating displays, railroad memorabilia and model railroad merchandise.
The show will be at 401 Fremont St., Lena, Ill. Lena is 1 mile north of U.S. Route 20 on Illinois 73. Directional signs will be posted to guide visitors to the show.
The Depot Stove Gang Show is rated as one of the nicest and largest shows in the Midwest. Its 23rd year was a record year for exhibits, vendors and operating displays.
Parking and admission to the show are free, although free-will donations will be accepted at the entrance.
The Depot Stove Gang is an Illinois not-for-profit organization. For more about the show, contact the Freeport/Stephenson County Convention and Visitors Bureau at (815) 233-1357.
From the Feb. 22-28, 2012, issue