- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
Model Railroad Show set for Feb. 25-26 in Lena, Ill.
LENA, Ill. — The Depot Stove Gang Model Railroad Club will host its 24th Annual Model Railroad Show and Swap Meet from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 25, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 26.
The show at the Lena-Winslow elementary, junior high and high school gymnasiums will feature more than 30,000 square feet of operating displays, railroad memorabilia and model railroad merchandise.
The show will be at 401 Fremont St., Lena, Ill. Lena is 1 mile north of U.S. Route 20 on Illinois 73. Directional signs will be posted to guide visitors to the show.
The Depot Stove Gang Show is rated as one of the nicest and largest shows in the Midwest. Its 23rd year was a record year for exhibits, vendors and operating displays.
Parking and admission to the show are free, although free-will donations will be accepted at the entrance.
The Depot Stove Gang is an Illinois not-for-profit organization. For more about the show, contact the Freeport/Stephenson County Convention and Visitors Bureau at (815) 233-1357.
From the Feb. 22-28, 2012, issue