- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
Model Railroad Show set for Feb. 25-26 in Lena, Ill.
LENA, Ill. — The Depot Stove Gang Model Railroad Club will host its 24th Annual Model Railroad Show and Swap Meet from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 25, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 26.
The show at the Lena-Winslow elementary, junior high and high school gymnasiums will feature more than 30,000 square feet of operating displays, railroad memorabilia and model railroad merchandise.
The show will be at 401 Fremont St., Lena, Ill. Lena is 1 mile north of U.S. Route 20 on Illinois 73. Directional signs will be posted to guide visitors to the show.
The Depot Stove Gang Show is rated as one of the nicest and largest shows in the Midwest. Its 23rd year was a record year for exhibits, vendors and operating displays.
Parking and admission to the show are free, although free-will donations will be accepted at the entrance.
The Depot Stove Gang is an Illinois not-for-profit organization. For more about the show, contact the Freeport/Stephenson County Convention and Visitors Bureau at (815) 233-1357.
From the Feb. 22-28, 2012, issue