- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Trivia Night benefits Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra
Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) is hosting a Trivia Night fund-raiser beginning at 6:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 24.
This fun-filled evening of trivia and good-natured competition will be in Kresge Hall at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St, Rockford. Pre-registration is recommended. Walk-ups are welcome, but space is limited. Entry fee is $15 per person or $100 for teams of eight. Check-in starts at 6 p.m.
Trivia Night questions, written by local celebrities, will include 10 categories such as sports, current events, music, arts and science. Prizes for the top three winning teams will be awarded. A 50/50 raffle and silent auction will also be offered, with proceeds benefitting the RSYO. This is a family-friendly event, but would be best enjoyed by children 14 and older.
Beverages will be provided. Desserts and pizza will be available for purchase, or you may bring your own snacks. This is an alcohol-free event.
For reservations, visit rockfordsymphony.com or call (815) 972-2939.
From the Feb. 22-28, 2012, issue