- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Trivia Night benefits Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra
Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) is hosting a Trivia Night fund-raiser beginning at 6:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 24.
This fun-filled evening of trivia and good-natured competition will be in Kresge Hall at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St, Rockford. Pre-registration is recommended. Walk-ups are welcome, but space is limited. Entry fee is $15 per person or $100 for teams of eight. Check-in starts at 6 p.m.
Trivia Night questions, written by local celebrities, will include 10 categories such as sports, current events, music, arts and science. Prizes for the top three winning teams will be awarded. A 50/50 raffle and silent auction will also be offered, with proceeds benefitting the RSYO. This is a family-friendly event, but would be best enjoyed by children 14 and older.
Beverages will be provided. Desserts and pizza will be available for purchase, or you may bring your own snacks. This is an alcohol-free event.
For reservations, visit rockfordsymphony.com or call (815) 972-2939.
From the Feb. 22-28, 2012, issue