- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Trivia Night benefits Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra
Rockford Symphony Youth Orchestra (RSYO) is hosting a Trivia Night fund-raiser beginning at 6:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 24.
This fun-filled evening of trivia and good-natured competition will be in Kresge Hall at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St, Rockford. Pre-registration is recommended. Walk-ups are welcome, but space is limited. Entry fee is $15 per person or $100 for teams of eight. Check-in starts at 6 p.m.
Trivia Night questions, written by local celebrities, will include 10 categories such as sports, current events, music, arts and science. Prizes for the top three winning teams will be awarded. A 50/50 raffle and silent auction will also be offered, with proceeds benefitting the RSYO. This is a family-friendly event, but would be best enjoyed by children 14 and older.
Beverages will be provided. Desserts and pizza will be available for purchase, or you may bring your own snacks. This is an alcohol-free event.
For reservations, visit rockfordsymphony.com or call (815) 972-2939.
From the Feb. 22-28, 2012, issue