- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Pearson to give away furnace, air conditioner at March 2-4 Rockford Home Show
Online Staff Report
Pearson, the plumbing, heating and pest control company, will be giving away three large prizes to increase the efficiency — and the fun — of three lucky winners’ homes at this year’s Rockford Home Show March 2-4 at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park. Local residents can enter at Pearson’s Home Show booth anytime during this year’s show.
The first-prize winner will get the choice of a Rheem 95 percent efficiency furnace plus installation or a high-efficiency air conditioning unit with installation. The second-place winner will receive a water softener and free softener salt for a year. Third place is a Sony Playstation 3.
Matt Morgan, vice president of Pearson, said: “It’s the local residents who have helped Pearson get to where we are today. We’d like to help them out at a time when it can be difficult to get that new furnace or water softener.”
There is no cost to enter and entries will be accepted each day of the Home Show at Pearson’s booth, No. 200. The winners will be randomly drawn Monday, March 5, and notified via e-mail or phone.
Posted Feb. 24, 2012