- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
March 7 deadline for Irish Pub Night at Mendelssohn
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will host an Irish Pub Night from 7 to 10 p.m., Friday, March 9. The event will be inside Emerson Auditorium, 420 N. Church St., Rockford.
Irish Pub Night will feature the music of Joe Cullen and his Irish Band; “A Taste of Ireland” from Murphy’s Pub & Grill between 7 and 8:30 p.m.; and Andy Capp’s hot fries/Irish crisps and pretzels from 8:30 to 10 p.m.
A cash bar with beer, wine and soft drinks will be available throughout the evening. A 50/50 drawing will also be held.
Tickets are $25 per person, and reservations are required by March 7. Call (815) 964-9713 for more details or for reservations.
All proceeds from the event benefit the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
From the Feb. 29-March 6, 2012, issue