- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
March 7 deadline for Irish Pub Night at Mendelssohn
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will host an Irish Pub Night from 7 to 10 p.m., Friday, March 9. The event will be inside Emerson Auditorium, 420 N. Church St., Rockford.
Irish Pub Night will feature the music of Joe Cullen and his Irish Band; “A Taste of Ireland” from Murphy’s Pub & Grill between 7 and 8:30 p.m.; and Andy Capp’s hot fries/Irish crisps and pretzels from 8:30 to 10 p.m.
A cash bar with beer, wine and soft drinks will be available throughout the evening. A 50/50 drawing will also be held.
Tickets are $25 per person, and reservations are required by March 7. Call (815) 964-9713 for more details or for reservations.
All proceeds from the event benefit the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
From the Feb. 29-March 6, 2012, issue