- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
March 7 deadline for Irish Pub Night at Mendelssohn
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will host an Irish Pub Night from 7 to 10 p.m., Friday, March 9. The event will be inside Emerson Auditorium, 420 N. Church St., Rockford.
Irish Pub Night will feature the music of Joe Cullen and his Irish Band; “A Taste of Ireland” from Murphy’s Pub & Grill between 7 and 8:30 p.m.; and Andy Capp’s hot fries/Irish crisps and pretzels from 8:30 to 10 p.m.
A cash bar with beer, wine and soft drinks will be available throughout the evening. A 50/50 drawing will also be held.
Tickets are $25 per person, and reservations are required by March 7. Call (815) 964-9713 for more details or for reservations.
All proceeds from the event benefit the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
From the Feb. 29-March 6, 2012, issue