- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Youth Sports: Park District holds youth sports open house March 17 at Carlson Ice Arena
• Free event offers information about upcoming programs for kids ages 3-18
Rockford Park District will hold a free youth sports open house from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, March 17, at Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park.
Parents of children ages 3-18 can learn more about upcoming programs that provide quality, fun recreational opportunities where youth learn and develop sports and leisure skills they can enjoy for a lifetime.
A number of Park District youth sports programs will be represented at the open house, including FIRE Track & Field, tennis, NFL Flag Football, NFL cheer and sports camps. The programs will provide information about spring registrations for youth sports, lessons, mini-camps, clinics and leagues.
Coaches and volunteers will be on hand to answer questions about the programs, and information will be available at the event for those interested in becoming a coach or volunteer.
Free giveaways and special drawings for Park District facility admission tickets will also be held.
For more about Park District youth sports programs, visit rockfordparkdistrict.org, or call Park District Customer Service at (815) 987-8800, where information about support to participants with disabilities is available.
From the Feb. 29-March 6, 2012, issue