- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Youth Sports: Park District holds youth sports open house March 17 at Carlson Ice Arena
• Free event offers information about upcoming programs for kids ages 3-18
Rockford Park District will hold a free youth sports open house from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, March 17, at Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park.
Parents of children ages 3-18 can learn more about upcoming programs that provide quality, fun recreational opportunities where youth learn and develop sports and leisure skills they can enjoy for a lifetime.
A number of Park District youth sports programs will be represented at the open house, including FIRE Track & Field, tennis, NFL Flag Football, NFL cheer and sports camps. The programs will provide information about spring registrations for youth sports, lessons, mini-camps, clinics and leagues.
Coaches and volunteers will be on hand to answer questions about the programs, and information will be available at the event for those interested in becoming a coach or volunteer.
Free giveaways and special drawings for Park District facility admission tickets will also be held.
For more about Park District youth sports programs, visit rockfordparkdistrict.org, or call Park District Customer Service at (815) 987-8800, where information about support to participants with disabilities is available.
From the Feb. 29-March 6, 2012, issue