- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Freeport man arrested on cocaine, cannabis charges
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Robert L. Short, 31, of Freeport, has been arrested and charged with possession of cocaine with intent to deliver (a class 1 felony) and possession of cannabis with intent to deliver (a class 3 felony).
The State Line Area Narcotics Team (SLANT), in conjunction with the Freeport Police Department and Illinois State Police Troopers, made the arrest March 1.
At 9:45 a.m., Thursday, March 1, a search warrant was executed on a residence in the 600 block of Clark Street, Freeport, Ill. Seized as a result of the search were 14 grams of cocaine and 54 grams of cannabis.
Short was incarcerated in the Stephenson County Jail pending a preliminary hearing set for March 8.
SLANT consists of the following agencies: Freeport, Rockford and Loves Park police departments; Green County (Wisconsin) Sheriff’s Department; Monroe, Wis., Police Department; and the Illinois State Police.
Posted March 2, 2012