- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
Freeport man arrested on cocaine, cannabis charges
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Robert L. Short, 31, of Freeport, has been arrested and charged with possession of cocaine with intent to deliver (a class 1 felony) and possession of cannabis with intent to deliver (a class 3 felony).
The State Line Area Narcotics Team (SLANT), in conjunction with the Freeport Police Department and Illinois State Police Troopers, made the arrest March 1.
At 9:45 a.m., Thursday, March 1, a search warrant was executed on a residence in the 600 block of Clark Street, Freeport, Ill. Seized as a result of the search were 14 grams of cocaine and 54 grams of cannabis.
Short was incarcerated in the Stephenson County Jail pending a preliminary hearing set for March 8.
SLANT consists of the following agencies: Freeport, Rockford and Loves Park police departments; Green County (Wisconsin) Sheriff’s Department; Monroe, Wis., Police Department; and the Illinois State Police.
Posted March 2, 2012