- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Freeport man arrested on cocaine, cannabis charges
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Robert L. Short, 31, of Freeport, has been arrested and charged with possession of cocaine with intent to deliver (a class 1 felony) and possession of cannabis with intent to deliver (a class 3 felony).
The State Line Area Narcotics Team (SLANT), in conjunction with the Freeport Police Department and Illinois State Police Troopers, made the arrest March 1.
At 9:45 a.m., Thursday, March 1, a search warrant was executed on a residence in the 600 block of Clark Street, Freeport, Ill. Seized as a result of the search were 14 grams of cocaine and 54 grams of cannabis.
Short was incarcerated in the Stephenson County Jail pending a preliminary hearing set for March 8.
SLANT consists of the following agencies: Freeport, Rockford and Loves Park police departments; Green County (Wisconsin) Sheriff’s Department; Monroe, Wis., Police Department; and the Illinois State Police.
Posted March 2, 2012