- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Freeport man arrested on cocaine, cannabis charges
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Robert L. Short, 31, of Freeport, has been arrested and charged with possession of cocaine with intent to deliver (a class 1 felony) and possession of cannabis with intent to deliver (a class 3 felony).
The State Line Area Narcotics Team (SLANT), in conjunction with the Freeport Police Department and Illinois State Police Troopers, made the arrest March 1.
At 9:45 a.m., Thursday, March 1, a search warrant was executed on a residence in the 600 block of Clark Street, Freeport, Ill. Seized as a result of the search were 14 grams of cocaine and 54 grams of cannabis.
Short was incarcerated in the Stephenson County Jail pending a preliminary hearing set for March 8.
SLANT consists of the following agencies: Freeport, Rockford and Loves Park police departments; Green County (Wisconsin) Sheriff’s Department; Monroe, Wis., Police Department; and the Illinois State Police.
Posted March 2, 2012