- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Freeport man arrested on cocaine, cannabis charges
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Robert L. Short, 31, of Freeport, has been arrested and charged with possession of cocaine with intent to deliver (a class 1 felony) and possession of cannabis with intent to deliver (a class 3 felony).
The State Line Area Narcotics Team (SLANT), in conjunction with the Freeport Police Department and Illinois State Police Troopers, made the arrest March 1.
At 9:45 a.m., Thursday, March 1, a search warrant was executed on a residence in the 600 block of Clark Street, Freeport, Ill. Seized as a result of the search were 14 grams of cocaine and 54 grams of cannabis.
Short was incarcerated in the Stephenson County Jail pending a preliminary hearing set for March 8.
SLANT consists of the following agencies: Freeport, Rockford and Loves Park police departments; Green County (Wisconsin) Sheriff’s Department; Monroe, Wis., Police Department; and the Illinois State Police.
Posted March 2, 2012