- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Civil War Ball at Veterans Memorial Hall March 10
The Battery G Civil War Ball will be from 7 to 10 p.m., Saturday, March 10, at Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St., Rockford. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.
The event will feature live music from The Century Air Minstrels, with basic dance instruction provided.
Civil War period attire is encouraged, but appropriate modern dress is welcomed.
Punch, water and cookies will be provided.
A $10 donation is requested for admission.
Contact Gayle at (608) 436-2147 or Petersontandg@charter.net for more details.
From the March 7-13, 2012, issue