- 20th Annual Honor the Mounds set for Saturday
- Cubs offense returns in sweep of Milwaukee
- TRRT Online Edition | Aug. 5-11
- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
Dodge Ballers team up for a good cause
Dodge Ballers are gearing up to hit the court for a great cause. Dodge ball team registrations are now being accepted for the second annual “I Dodged a Ball for a Kid” fund-raiser to benefit Children’s Safe Harbor.
The family-oriented tournament will be Saturday, April 14, at Rockford College, inside Seaver Gymnasium, 5050 E. State St., Rockford. The event is a 32-team tournament that will be operated in match format. Each team will be made up of six to 12 players with six players engaged in competition. The team entry fee is $200. Players must be 16 years of age or older.
A silent auction will be held featuring a variety of items. Entry fee to observe the tournament is $2. Children 12 or younger get in free. Proceeds benefit Children’s Safe Harbor.
To register a team for “I Dodged a Ball for a Kid,” contact Perry Weatherford at (815) 543-2519 or visit www.childrenssafeharbor.net.
Children’s Safe Harbor, inside Patriots’ Gateway Community Center, provides a neutral exchange place for families to use when exchanging children for court-ordered visitation. For more information about Children’s Safe Harbor services, call (815) 316-7772.
From the March 7-13, 2012, issue