- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
National Social Work Month: Lynn Cadmus honored
Illinois has more than 12,000 professional social workers, all of whom dedicate their careers to either helping people transform their lives, or improve environments that make such progress possible. They serve as agents of positive change, working to improve the fabric of society by serving as advocates for people who need help addressing serious life challenges and exploring their options.
This year’s National Social Work Month theme, “Social Work Matters,” celebrates the many ways professional social workers make a difference for people every day. The National Association of Social Workers Illinois Chapter (NASW Illinois) is honoring the work of exceptional social workers and individuals whose work promotes social justice and social change with and on behalf of the people and clients they serve.
An exemplary Illinois social worker being honored this year at the NASW Illinois Jane Addams District Awards event is Social Worker of the Year Lynn Cadmus (AM, University of Chicago), who has worked as therapist at Family Counseling Services in Rockford for nearly 23 years. Subsequently, she accepted a position at Janet Wattles Center (JWC) as therapist, and 16 months later accepted her current position as trauma therapist with the Therapeutic Intervention Program (TIP). TIP Court is Winnebago County’s mental health court, and Rosecrance Ware Center (formerly WC) staffs the mental health part of the team. The awards ceremony for the Jane Addams District will take place Thursday, March 15. For more information about the event, contact Jane Addams District Chairman Joan Lodge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the March 7-13, 2012, issue