- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
National Social Work Month: Lynn Cadmus honored
Illinois has more than 12,000 professional social workers, all of whom dedicate their careers to either helping people transform their lives, or improve environments that make such progress possible. They serve as agents of positive change, working to improve the fabric of society by serving as advocates for people who need help addressing serious life challenges and exploring their options.
This year’s National Social Work Month theme, “Social Work Matters,” celebrates the many ways professional social workers make a difference for people every day. The National Association of Social Workers Illinois Chapter (NASW Illinois) is honoring the work of exceptional social workers and individuals whose work promotes social justice and social change with and on behalf of the people and clients they serve.
An exemplary Illinois social worker being honored this year at the NASW Illinois Jane Addams District Awards event is Social Worker of the Year Lynn Cadmus (AM, University of Chicago), who has worked as therapist at Family Counseling Services in Rockford for nearly 23 years. Subsequently, she accepted a position at Janet Wattles Center (JWC) as therapist, and 16 months later accepted her current position as trauma therapist with the Therapeutic Intervention Program (TIP). TIP Court is Winnebago County’s mental health court, and Rosecrance Ware Center (formerly WC) staffs the mental health part of the team. The awards ceremony for the Jane Addams District will take place Thursday, March 15. For more information about the event, contact Jane Addams District Chairman Joan Lodge at email@example.com.
From the March 7-13, 2012, issue