- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Red Mango frozen yogurt, smoothies store opens in Machesney Park
Online Staff Report
Red Mango, a frozen yogurt and smoothies store, has opened a second Rockford-area location — in Machesney Crossings Mall, 1093 W. Lane Road, Machesney Park. The Machesney Park location joins Red Mango’s other area store at 6876 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
Paul Hornick, of Poplar Grove, Ill., who owns both area locations, said: “We are very excited to introduce Red Mango to Machesney Park. A lot of people in northern Illinois have heard of Red Mango but have not had the opportunity to try it yet, so I’m bringing Red Mango to them. Red Mango is an experience and so much more than frozen yogurt. It’s the perfect nutritious treat for our health conscious community.”
The new store in Machesney Park opened its doors Friday, March 9. A “Grand Opening” celebration, including a ribbon-cutting with free yogurt for attendees and other prizes and giveaways, is scheduled for the first week of April.
Red Mango offers 40 flavors of all-natural, nonfat frozen yogurt, including the company’s core flavors, all at around 100 calories per serving.
The company’s signature product, which is rich in probiotics, low in calories, nonfat, kosher and gluten-free, has been the foundation for a popular menu that now includes 20 varieties of fresh fruit smoothies, made-to-order fruit parfaits, hot chocolate and all-natural probiotic iced teas.
More than 150 Red Mangos are in operation throughout the United States. Visit www.redmangousa.com for more details.
Posted March 9, 2012