- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
CASA Program welcomes new board member
Leslie Erickson, part owner of Meg’s Daily Grind, was recently named to the Winnebago County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program Board of Directors.
Winnebago County CASA is a program that provides the Juvenile Abuse & Neglect Court with trained community volunteers to serve as Guardians ad Litem for abused and neglected children.
CASA volunteers advocate for the best interests of a child; the goal of every CASA volunteer is to find a safe, permanent home for each child.
For more information about CASA, call the CASA office at (815) 319-6880, or check online at www.winnebagocountycasa.org or on Facebook.
From the March 14-20, 2012, issue