- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
CASA Program welcomes new board member
Leslie Erickson, part owner of Meg’s Daily Grind, was recently named to the Winnebago County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program Board of Directors.
Winnebago County CASA is a program that provides the Juvenile Abuse & Neglect Court with trained community volunteers to serve as Guardians ad Litem for abused and neglected children.
CASA volunteers advocate for the best interests of a child; the goal of every CASA volunteer is to find a safe, permanent home for each child.
For more information about CASA, call the CASA office at (815) 319-6880, or check online at www.winnebagocountycasa.org or on Facebook.
From the March 14-20, 2012, issue