- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
CASA Program welcomes new board member
Leslie Erickson, part owner of Meg’s Daily Grind, was recently named to the Winnebago County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program Board of Directors.
Winnebago County CASA is a program that provides the Juvenile Abuse & Neglect Court with trained community volunteers to serve as Guardians ad Litem for abused and neglected children.
CASA volunteers advocate for the best interests of a child; the goal of every CASA volunteer is to find a safe, permanent home for each child.
For more information about CASA, call the CASA office at (815) 319-6880, or check online at www.winnebagocountycasa.org or on Facebook.
From the March 14-20, 2012, issue