- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
CASA Program welcomes new board member
Leslie Erickson, part owner of Meg’s Daily Grind, was recently named to the Winnebago County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program Board of Directors.
Winnebago County CASA is a program that provides the Juvenile Abuse & Neglect Court with trained community volunteers to serve as Guardians ad Litem for abused and neglected children.
CASA volunteers advocate for the best interests of a child; the goal of every CASA volunteer is to find a safe, permanent home for each child.
For more information about CASA, call the CASA office at (815) 319-6880, or check online at www.winnebagocountycasa.org or on Facebook.
From the March 14-20, 2012, issue