- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
CASA Program welcomes new board member
Leslie Erickson, part owner of Meg’s Daily Grind, was recently named to the Winnebago County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program Board of Directors.
Winnebago County CASA is a program that provides the Juvenile Abuse & Neglect Court with trained community volunteers to serve as Guardians ad Litem for abused and neglected children.
CASA volunteers advocate for the best interests of a child; the goal of every CASA volunteer is to find a safe, permanent home for each child.
For more information about CASA, call the CASA office at (815) 319-6880, or check online at www.winnebagocountycasa.org or on Facebook.
From the March 14-20, 2012, issue