- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Geology book author to present program at Burpee Museum March 25
John David Mickelson, author of the new book, Geology of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail, will present a program at 2 p.m., Sunday, March 25, at Burpee Museum of Natural History, 737 N. Main St. This will be the 70th Anniversary Lecture Series in Memory of Steve Ellis.
The Ice Age National Scenic Trail meanders across the state of Wisconsin through scenic glacial terrain dotted with lakes, steep hills, and long, narrow ridges. David M. Mickelson will bring this landscape to life and help the audience understand what Ice Age Wisconsin was like. An overview of Ice Age Trail geology and key geological concepts will help you understand geological processes, materials and landforms. Dr. Mickelson will describe geological features along many segments of the Ice Age Trail and at several of the nine National Ice Age Scientific Reserve sites.
A publicity description says, “The book contains more than 100 full-color photographs, scores of beautiful maps, and helpful diagrams. Science briefs explain glacial features such as eskers, drumlins and moraines. Geology of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail also includes detailed trail descriptions that are cross referenced with the science briefs to make it easy to find the geological terms used in the trail descriptions.”
A book signing will follow the program. This program is recommended for middle school age and older.
From the March 14-20, 2012, issue