- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford Memorial Development Foundation names chairman, vice chairman
John J. Morrissey of Rockford has been named to a two-year term as the new chairman of the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation.
Morrissey is a principal in the Morrissey Family Businesses, which includes John Morrissey Accountants, Inc., Staff Management, Inc., Market Dimensions, Inc., and MPower HRIS Solutions, Inc., all based in Rockford. Morrissey has been active with the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation since joining its Ambassadors in 2003 and was named to its board of directors in 2008.
Named first vice chairman of the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation is Julie Bosma, also of Rockford. Bosma serves as the executive director of RAMP, Center for Independent Living in Rockford. She is a past chairman of the Ambassadors and has been a member of the foundation’s board of directors since 2007. Bosma’s term will also be for two years.
From the March 14-20, 2012, issue