- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Rockford Memorial Development Foundation names chairman, vice chairman
John J. Morrissey of Rockford has been named to a two-year term as the new chairman of the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation.
Morrissey is a principal in the Morrissey Family Businesses, which includes John Morrissey Accountants, Inc., Staff Management, Inc., Market Dimensions, Inc., and MPower HRIS Solutions, Inc., all based in Rockford. Morrissey has been active with the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation since joining its Ambassadors in 2003 and was named to its board of directors in 2008.
Named first vice chairman of the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation is Julie Bosma, also of Rockford. Bosma serves as the executive director of RAMP, Center for Independent Living in Rockford. She is a past chairman of the Ambassadors and has been a member of the foundation’s board of directors since 2007. Bosma’s term will also be for two years.
From the March 14-20, 2012, issue