- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
YMCA of Rock River Valley introduces first Zumbathon March 17
Online Staff Report
The YMCA of Rock River Valley is thrilled to announce its first Zumbathon in support of the 2012 Strong Kids Campaign. The two-hour Zumbathon will be held from 6-8 p.m., Saturday, March 17, at 8451 Orth Road, Loves Park. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. All the proceeds go toward the 2012 Strong Kids Campaign. The Y’s Zumbathon is an opportunity to dance, move, sweat, groove and have fun for a great cause. The theme is “Shake Your Shamrock,” with T-shirts available and exciting raffle items.
Zumba is a fitness dance class inspired by Latin dance and music. Zumba uses a variety of styles in its routines, including cumbia, merengue, salsa, reggaeton, mambo, rumba, flamenco, and calypso. Music selections include both fast and slow rhythms to help tone and sculpt the body. Come out and support the cause. See you on the dance floor.
For more information or to buy a ticket, contact Melissa Burns at (815) 489-3344 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted March 14, 2012