- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
YMCA of Rock River Valley introduces first Zumbathon March 17
Online Staff Report
The YMCA of Rock River Valley is thrilled to announce its first Zumbathon in support of the 2012 Strong Kids Campaign. The two-hour Zumbathon will be held from 6-8 p.m., Saturday, March 17, at 8451 Orth Road, Loves Park. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. All the proceeds go toward the 2012 Strong Kids Campaign. The Y’s Zumbathon is an opportunity to dance, move, sweat, groove and have fun for a great cause. The theme is “Shake Your Shamrock,” with T-shirts available and exciting raffle items.
Zumba is a fitness dance class inspired by Latin dance and music. Zumba uses a variety of styles in its routines, including cumbia, merengue, salsa, reggaeton, mambo, rumba, flamenco, and calypso. Music selections include both fast and slow rhythms to help tone and sculpt the body. Come out and support the cause. See you on the dance floor.
For more information or to buy a ticket, contact Melissa Burns at (815) 489-3344 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Posted March 14, 2012