- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
YMCA of Rock River Valley introduces first Zumbathon March 17
Online Staff Report
The YMCA of Rock River Valley is thrilled to announce its first Zumbathon in support of the 2012 Strong Kids Campaign. The two-hour Zumbathon will be held from 6-8 p.m., Saturday, March 17, at 8451 Orth Road, Loves Park. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. All the proceeds go toward the 2012 Strong Kids Campaign. The Y’s Zumbathon is an opportunity to dance, move, sweat, groove and have fun for a great cause. The theme is “Shake Your Shamrock,” with T-shirts available and exciting raffle items.
Zumba is a fitness dance class inspired by Latin dance and music. Zumba uses a variety of styles in its routines, including cumbia, merengue, salsa, reggaeton, mambo, rumba, flamenco, and calypso. Music selections include both fast and slow rhythms to help tone and sculpt the body. Come out and support the cause. See you on the dance floor.
For more information or to buy a ticket, contact Melissa Burns at (815) 489-3344 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted March 14, 2012