- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Youth Charity Jam March 16
Rockford Area Music Industry’s (RAMI) Youth Charity Jam is set for Friday, March 16, at Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., with the jam beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are $5 in advance or $7 at the door. Advance tickets may be purchased from members of participating bands (listing below), The Postal Shoppe at Edgebrook and online at ramiawards.com.
Participating bands include The Sasparillas, Desolation Row, Carlita, daybreak, Marie Ivory, The Uprising and Shattered Picks.
First-place winner in the jam will receive $300, recording time through Darkhouse Productions and an invitation to perform at the 21st Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony. Second place will receive $250, and third place will receive $200. The band selling the most tickets to the event will receive $100.
All proceeds will be applied to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship.
From the March 14-20, 2012, issue