- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Youth Charity Jam March 16
Rockford Area Music Industry’s (RAMI) Youth Charity Jam is set for Friday, March 16, at Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., with the jam beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are $5 in advance or $7 at the door. Advance tickets may be purchased from members of participating bands (listing below), The Postal Shoppe at Edgebrook and online at ramiawards.com.
Participating bands include The Sasparillas, Desolation Row, Carlita, daybreak, Marie Ivory, The Uprising and Shattered Picks.
First-place winner in the jam will receive $300, recording time through Darkhouse Productions and an invitation to perform at the 21st Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony. Second place will receive $250, and third place will receive $200. The band selling the most tickets to the event will receive $100.
All proceeds will be applied to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship.
From the March 14-20, 2012, issue