- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Youth Charity Jam March 16
Rockford Area Music Industry’s (RAMI) Youth Charity Jam is set for Friday, March 16, at Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., with the jam beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are $5 in advance or $7 at the door. Advance tickets may be purchased from members of participating bands (listing below), The Postal Shoppe at Edgebrook and online at ramiawards.com.
Participating bands include The Sasparillas, Desolation Row, Carlita, daybreak, Marie Ivory, The Uprising and Shattered Picks.
First-place winner in the jam will receive $300, recording time through Darkhouse Productions and an invitation to perform at the 21st Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony. Second place will receive $250, and third place will receive $200. The band selling the most tickets to the event will receive $100.
All proceeds will be applied to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship.
From the March 14-20, 2012, issue