- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Youth Charity Jam March 16
Rockford Area Music Industry’s (RAMI) Youth Charity Jam is set for Friday, March 16, at Tebala Shrine Temple, 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., with the jam beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are $5 in advance or $7 at the door. Advance tickets may be purchased from members of participating bands (listing below), The Postal Shoppe at Edgebrook and online at ramiawards.com.
Participating bands include The Sasparillas, Desolation Row, Carlita, daybreak, Marie Ivory, The Uprising and Shattered Picks.
First-place winner in the jam will receive $300, recording time through Darkhouse Productions and an invitation to perform at the 21st Annual RAMI Awards Ceremony. Second place will receive $250, and third place will receive $200. The band selling the most tickets to the event will receive $100.
All proceeds will be applied to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship.
From the March 14-20, 2012, issue