- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
A new season and reason to celebrate women in March
Wisdom And You (WAY) Enterprises will embrace the new season of spring and recognize March as National Women’s History Month through two annual celebrations. Join WAY founder and president, Dianna Cole, as she pays tribute to the life and legacy of her late Mother Luvina Collins.
Festivities will begin with her Second Annual “Inspirational Jubilee” Women of God Holy Convocation Thursday through Sunday, March 22-25 in Freeport, Ill. The month will close in Rockford with her Third Annual Extravaganza from 1-4 p.m., Saturday, March 31, at Calvary Memorial Church, 2715 N. Alpine Road.
The schedule in Freeport is as follows:
Thursday and Friday, March 22 and 23, 6:30 p.m. prayer and 7 p.m. service at Holy Temple Church, 520 W. Ringold St. That night, the keynote speaker will be Evangelist Cleolia Penix from Brown’s Temple in Rockford. Saturday, March 24: Community Workshop/Forum at 10 a.m. at Freeport Public Library to discuss issues pertinent to today’s women. Sunday, March 25: Special 1 p.m. service at the church to honor unsung heroic women who have given their lives to help families and community. At 4 p.m., guest speaker will be Pastor Louise Wade of Faith for Miracle Deliverance & Worship Center in Freeport. Another guest will be Jurisdictional Women’s Supervisor Mother Dr. Angie Dell Cullins of Aurora, Ill.
WAY will close out Women’s History Month from 1-4 p.m., Saturday, March 31, with Dianna Cole’s “It’s ALL In Me” Workshops, powerful praise and worship services, and a special program to honor local and regional unsung women heroes. Also included will be a fabulous “Fashion Review.” This event takes place at Calvary Memorial Church, 2715 N. Alpine Road in Rockford.
All events are free to the public. Free-will donations will benefit “Mother’s Touch” Community Outreach Ministries. For more information, call (815) 914-1487, e-mail MsCSOGN@aol.com or visit www.WAY4U.net.
From the March 21-27, 2012, issue