- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
A new season and reason to celebrate women in March
Wisdom And You (WAY) Enterprises will embrace the new season of spring and recognize March as National Women’s History Month through two annual celebrations. Join WAY founder and president, Dianna Cole, as she pays tribute to the life and legacy of her late Mother Luvina Collins.
Festivities will begin with her Second Annual “Inspirational Jubilee” Women of God Holy Convocation Thursday through Sunday, March 22-25 in Freeport, Ill. The month will close in Rockford with her Third Annual Extravaganza from 1-4 p.m., Saturday, March 31, at Calvary Memorial Church, 2715 N. Alpine Road.
The schedule in Freeport is as follows:
Thursday and Friday, March 22 and 23, 6:30 p.m. prayer and 7 p.m. service at Holy Temple Church, 520 W. Ringold St. That night, the keynote speaker will be Evangelist Cleolia Penix from Brown’s Temple in Rockford. Saturday, March 24: Community Workshop/Forum at 10 a.m. at Freeport Public Library to discuss issues pertinent to today’s women. Sunday, March 25: Special 1 p.m. service at the church to honor unsung heroic women who have given their lives to help families and community. At 4 p.m., guest speaker will be Pastor Louise Wade of Faith for Miracle Deliverance & Worship Center in Freeport. Another guest will be Jurisdictional Women’s Supervisor Mother Dr. Angie Dell Cullins of Aurora, Ill.
WAY will close out Women’s History Month from 1-4 p.m., Saturday, March 31, with Dianna Cole’s “It’s ALL In Me” Workshops, powerful praise and worship services, and a special program to honor local and regional unsung women heroes. Also included will be a fabulous “Fashion Review.” This event takes place at Calvary Memorial Church, 2715 N. Alpine Road in Rockford.
All events are free to the public. Free-will donations will benefit “Mother’s Touch” Community Outreach Ministries. For more information, call (815) 914-1487, e-mail MsCSOGN@aol.com or visit www.WAY4U.net.
From the March 21-27, 2012, issue