Rockford’s Artists’ Ensemble Theater will hold general auditions for its 2012-2013 season from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 2 p.m., Saturday, March 24.
Auditions will be in the Cheek Theatre on the Rockford College campus.
To schedule an audition appointment, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up at the auditions March 24.
A two-minute prepared monologue is preferred, although material will be available to read. Singing auditions will be held as a call-back in the fall.
Artists’ Ensemble operates under an Actors’ Equity Small Professional Theater contract and employs both union and non-union performers. All actors are paid and eligible to join The Equity Membership Candidate Program (EMC) and earn credit toward eventual membership in Equity.
For more about auditions and the season, go to www.artistsensemble.org.
Following is the schedule for Artists’ Ensemble’s 2012-2013 season:
• Jeeves Takes a Bow, by Margaret Raether, Sept. 7-23;
• It’s A Wonderful Life (a Live Radio Play), by Joe Landry, Nov. 30-Dec. 16;
• Brooklyn Boy, by Donald Margulies, March 15-30, 2013;
• Meet Me In St. Louis, music and lyrics by Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane, book by Hugh Wheeler, April 25-28, 2013 (co-production with Rockford College);
• Mrs. Mannerly, by Jeffrey Hatcher, May 10-26, 2013; and
• The 39 Steps, adapted by Patrick Barlow, June 14-30, 2013.
From the March 21-27, 2012, issue