- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Dana and Susan Robinson at Emerson House March 23
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts welcomes Dana and Susan Robinson to the stage at 7:30 p.m., Friday, March 23, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
The genius of their performance lies in their ability to capture the imagination of their audience, evoking a transformative experience that touches on the deepest humanity. They can make the audience howl with laughter or hush with poignant reflection as they take them on a journey across America and convey the mystery and wonder of the places they visit. Underpinning the songs is the undeniable rhythm of their trademark guitar/banjo sound. Whether it is quiet or driving, there is a steady and unrelenting groove to the music.
Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 at the door. Advance tickets are available at: Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State, (815) 963-6765; both Postal Shoppe locations: Edgebrook Center, (815) 397-7301 and 2205 S. Perryville, (815) 484-0940 and JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., (815) 965-8903; and Nikki’s Café, 604 Pleasant St., Beloit, Wis., (608) 207-3101. Credit card payment accepted only at www.charlotteswebofrockford.org via PayPal. A $1 ticket processing fee is included. Print your receipt. Info: Call (815) 964-2238.
From the March 21-27, 2012, issue