- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Dana and Susan Robinson at Emerson House March 23
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts welcomes Dana and Susan Robinson to the stage at 7:30 p.m., Friday, March 23, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
The genius of their performance lies in their ability to capture the imagination of their audience, evoking a transformative experience that touches on the deepest humanity. They can make the audience howl with laughter or hush with poignant reflection as they take them on a journey across America and convey the mystery and wonder of the places they visit. Underpinning the songs is the undeniable rhythm of their trademark guitar/banjo sound. Whether it is quiet or driving, there is a steady and unrelenting groove to the music.
Tickets are $15 in advance, $18 at the door. Advance tickets are available at: Rockford Area Arts Council, 713 E. State, (815) 963-6765; both Postal Shoppe locations: Edgebrook Center, (815) 397-7301 and 2205 S. Perryville, (815) 484-0940 and JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., (815) 965-8903; and Nikki’s Café, 604 Pleasant St., Beloit, Wis., (608) 207-3101. Credit card payment accepted only at www.charlotteswebofrockford.org via PayPal. A $1 ticket processing fee is included. Print your receipt. Info: Call (815) 964-2238.
From the March 21-27, 2012, issue