- Yes, Virginia, Portillo’s is coming to Rockford
- Meet John Doe: Wake up and share that Christmas spirit, you’re the hope of the world
- Tech-Friendly: Recycle your old electronics this holiday season
- Garbage collection adjusted for Christmas, New Year’s
- Linda Grist Cunningham to lead YWCA Leader Luncheon dialogue
- Gift card purchases: Buyer beware, BBB warns
- Illinois corporations targeted by solicitation letter
- Illinois median home prices increase in November, sales down
- Jay Cutler to start for Bears, Clausen suffers concussion
- More than 600 expected at Rescue Mission’s Christmas banquet
Support Relay For Life of Winnebago County
If you were diagnosed with cancer today or 10 years ago, you are a survivor.
Cancer survivors are at the heart of the American Cancer Society Relay For Life. Their strength and courage inspire the community to fight for every birthday threatened by every cancer in every community. I encourage all area cancer survivors, their families, caregivers and friends to join us June 22-23 for Relay For Life of Winnebago County.
Relay For Life brings the community together to celebrate survivors and their caregivers, remember loved ones and raise the money needed to fund life-saving efforts to fight back against a disease that takes too much. Together, we are saving lives faster and creating a world with more birthdays.
Please be a part of Relay For Life of Winnebago County, an overnight, family-focused event, June 22-23 at Rockford Christian Life High School’s football field in Rockford. It’s a night filled with non-stop entertainment, activities and games, the Luminaria Ceremony, and more.
To sign up your team or join in the survivor activities, contact your American Cancer Society today at (815) 229-6958 or visit www.RelayForLife.org/WinnebagoIL.
From the March 21-27, 2012, issue