- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Weightlifting competition at RC March 24 benefits Sharefest
The 2012 APC Illinois Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships will be held at Rockford College’s Maddox Theater from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, March 24. The event is presented by Max Muscle Sports Nutrition of Rockford (Max Muscle).
Nationally ranked competitors from all over Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin will compete in three events — deadlift, squat and bench press, or bench press only.
Admission is $5 at the door and children younger than 12 are admitted free. Rockford College is at 5050 E. State St., Rockford.
Lifting begins at 10 a.m. Awards ceremony will begin at approximately 4 p.m., after the final lift.
All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Rockford Sharefest Schools Project.
Each summer, volunteers gather by the hundreds to give two Rockford-area schools a makeover. Rockford Public School District 205 now has six schools that have been restored and updated. This, at a time when the facilities operations budget is in a deficit and the work backlog exceeds $90 million.
Each of the schools that has been restored has reported increased student test scores, increased parental involvement, decreased discipline incidents, and decreased — or eliminated — graffiti and vandalism.
Max Muscle is a franchise store specializing in sports nutrition products such as proteins, weight loss and energy supplements, vitamins and nutraceuticals. Certified Fitness Nutrition Coaches at Max Muscle also provide customized nutrition plans, body composition analysis, and corporate and team nutrition seminars and coaching.
Max Muscle, 6738 Broadcast Pkwy., Loves Park, Ill., is owned and operated by Matt Rennerfeldt, a Rockford College alumnus. The store can be reached at (815) 683-6296.
From the March 21-27, 2012, issue