- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Weightlifting competition at RC March 24 benefits Sharefest
The 2012 APC Illinois Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships will be held at Rockford College’s Maddox Theater from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, March 24. The event is presented by Max Muscle Sports Nutrition of Rockford (Max Muscle).
Nationally ranked competitors from all over Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin will compete in three events — deadlift, squat and bench press, or bench press only.
Admission is $5 at the door and children younger than 12 are admitted free. Rockford College is at 5050 E. State St., Rockford.
Lifting begins at 10 a.m. Awards ceremony will begin at approximately 4 p.m., after the final lift.
All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Rockford Sharefest Schools Project.
Each summer, volunteers gather by the hundreds to give two Rockford-area schools a makeover. Rockford Public School District 205 now has six schools that have been restored and updated. This, at a time when the facilities operations budget is in a deficit and the work backlog exceeds $90 million.
Each of the schools that has been restored has reported increased student test scores, increased parental involvement, decreased discipline incidents, and decreased — or eliminated — graffiti and vandalism.
Max Muscle is a franchise store specializing in sports nutrition products such as proteins, weight loss and energy supplements, vitamins and nutraceuticals. Certified Fitness Nutrition Coaches at Max Muscle also provide customized nutrition plans, body composition analysis, and corporate and team nutrition seminars and coaching.
Max Muscle, 6738 Broadcast Pkwy., Loves Park, Ill., is owned and operated by Matt Rennerfeldt, a Rockford College alumnus. The store can be reached at (815) 683-6296.
From the March 21-27, 2012, issue