- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
YMCA names new group vice president
The YMCA of Rock River Valley has welcomed Ken Strawbridge, the former branch executive director at the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, as its new group vice president. Strawbridge started his new position with the YMCA of Rock River Valley March 12.
Mike Brown, CEO and president, YMCA of Rock River Valley, said: “We are pleased to announce Ken’s arrival to Rockford, and our Y. We feel his experience and dedication to the YMCA and its mission will impact our community for the better. Ken has a positive outlook on life and shares our vision for where the Y is going in the Rockford community.”
Strawbridge brings years of experience with him. He began with the YMCA of Greater St. Louis, where he started his career with the Y as a group leader in an after-school site. He has also gained experience working for the Capital District YMCA in Albany, N.Y., and became the executive branch director for their new location, which opened in 2005. His most recent position was the branch executive director at the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, where he led their campaign to build an additional Y to keep up with demand.
From the March 21-27, 2012, issue