- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
YMCA names new group vice president
The YMCA of Rock River Valley has welcomed Ken Strawbridge, the former branch executive director at the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, as its new group vice president. Strawbridge started his new position with the YMCA of Rock River Valley March 12.
Mike Brown, CEO and president, YMCA of Rock River Valley, said: “We are pleased to announce Ken’s arrival to Rockford, and our Y. We feel his experience and dedication to the YMCA and its mission will impact our community for the better. Ken has a positive outlook on life and shares our vision for where the Y is going in the Rockford community.”
Strawbridge brings years of experience with him. He began with the YMCA of Greater St. Louis, where he started his career with the Y as a group leader in an after-school site. He has also gained experience working for the Capital District YMCA in Albany, N.Y., and became the executive branch director for their new location, which opened in 2005. His most recent position was the branch executive director at the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, where he led their campaign to build an additional Y to keep up with demand.
From the March 21-27, 2012, issue