- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Dr. Julia’s Inn: HCG: A protocol to help lose weight
By Dr. Julia Whipkey-Michniewicz, N.D.
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
I know that summer is upon us, for all the phone calls that are coming in are all about losing weight. What I try very hard to pass on to patients is that when I think of weight loss, I think of self-control. Self-control in health, self-control in our finances, and self-control in our own truth. When it comes to self-control about our health, this is the foods that we eat, making sure that we get enough exercise, making sure that you get good quality sleep, and the fresh air that we receive.
Let’s look at results when it comes to weight loss. I see results every day in my practice when patients take control of their health and are truthful with themselves. Losing weight is very hard, and that is why I started the HCG program over here many years ago. This program works, and I see it every day with patients, friends, family and myself.
When we are stressed because of finances, family, our job and just life, the adrenal gland pumps more cortisol into our bodies, and too much cortisol will cause baby fat. This baby fat is visceral fat and causes many health issues, but the main health issue is obesity. HCG resets the hypothalamus gland to eliminate hunger, increases metabolism and pulls out the stored fat.
Not only does HCG help with weight loss; I do this protocol two times a year to pull out excess estrogen in my body, since my breast cancer was estrogen related. Too high an amount of estrogen is stored in baby fat and will cause an estrogen overload.
If I can help you with your weight issues or issues of having too high estrogen levels, please call my office to make an appointment for a consultation and start getting results with your health this summer. Make a promise to yourself to see a new you.
Dr. Julia is a Naturopathic Doctor who is celebrating two milestones this year. She is celebrating 12 years cancer free without doing chemical therapy and radiation, and has been in private practice for 30 years. You may reach her in her Rockford office at (815) 962-03326.
From the March 28-April 3, 2012, issue