- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Hockey: Charity hockey game between police and fire departments March 31
The annual charity hockey game between Rockford-area police departments and the Rockford Fire Department “Guns and Hoses 2012” will be played from 3:30 to 5 p.m., Saturday, March 31, at the BMO Harris Bank Center in downtown Rockford.
The proceeds this year will benefit 18-year-old area resident Amanda Babyar, daughter of Rockton Police Officer Penny Cure and Rockford Police Officer Rob Cure.
Amanda was diagnosed last May with acute lymphoblast leukemia (Philadelphia chromosome specific). Amanda has been enduring heavy in-patient chemotherapy treatments since May 2011. Those heavy treatments will continue through October 2012. Amanda is being treated at the American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wis.
Tickets are $15 each; $5 of each ticket purchase will be donated to the fund-raiser. Tickets may be ordered from Curtis Tousant, Rockford IceHogs, 300 Elm St., Rockford, IL 61101. Phone: (815) 847-6387 or fax (815) 380-6434. Make all checks payable to “Rockford IceHogs” or, if ordering online, enter the promo code “GNH.” Offer is not valid at the box office. Funds will be donated to Amanda’s benefit to assist with her medical expenses.
From the March 28-April 3, 2012, issue