- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
New Path and Trail Map unveiled
Rockford Park District and the Winnebago County Forest Preserve District (WCFPD) have unveiled a new Path and Trail Map of Winnebago County.
The fold-out map contains extensive information about the 45 miles of paths and trails within the Rockford Park District, and the more than 87 miles of trails within the WCFPD.
Rockford Park District Horticulture and Parks Manager Dan Erwin said: “We have some of the best paths and trails. This map comes at a perfect time, since more and more people are looking for a way to be physically engaged. Aside from the fresh air, getting out and exploring one of these paths or trails give you a chance to see what nature has to offer.”
Path and Trail Map features include the following:
• Names and addresses of all 63 paths/trails;
• Large, colorful map with easy-to-locate locations;
• Actual distance of each path/trail;
• Trail surface types: dirt path, mowed grass path, gravel path, paved path;
• Amenities outlined: parking, restrooms, shelter;
• Examples of path usage recommendations: hiking, bicycles, equestrian, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling; and
• Recreation opportunities: playground, fishing, camping.
The Path and Trail map can be found at all Rockford Park District Customer Service locations and all Rockford Park District facilities, as well as the offices of the Winnebago Forest Preserve District, 5500 Northrock Drive, Rockford.
From the March 28-April 3, 2012, issue