- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- Editorial: Got the giving spirit? Here are some places to spread it
- Week 16 NFL picks: Colts will top Cowboys, Manziel will get first win
- NIU Huskies face Marshall Thundering Herd in Boca Raton Bowl
New Path and Trail Map unveiled
Rockford Park District and the Winnebago County Forest Preserve District (WCFPD) have unveiled a new Path and Trail Map of Winnebago County.
The fold-out map contains extensive information about the 45 miles of paths and trails within the Rockford Park District, and the more than 87 miles of trails within the WCFPD.
Rockford Park District Horticulture and Parks Manager Dan Erwin said: “We have some of the best paths and trails. This map comes at a perfect time, since more and more people are looking for a way to be physically engaged. Aside from the fresh air, getting out and exploring one of these paths or trails give you a chance to see what nature has to offer.”
Path and Trail Map features include the following:
• Names and addresses of all 63 paths/trails;
• Large, colorful map with easy-to-locate locations;
• Actual distance of each path/trail;
• Trail surface types: dirt path, mowed grass path, gravel path, paved path;
• Amenities outlined: parking, restrooms, shelter;
• Examples of path usage recommendations: hiking, bicycles, equestrian, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling; and
• Recreation opportunities: playground, fishing, camping.
The Path and Trail map can be found at all Rockford Park District Customer Service locations and all Rockford Park District facilities, as well as the offices of the Winnebago Forest Preserve District, 5500 Northrock Drive, Rockford.
From the March 28-April 3, 2012, issue