- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
New Path and Trail Map unveiled
Rockford Park District and the Winnebago County Forest Preserve District (WCFPD) have unveiled a new Path and Trail Map of Winnebago County.
The fold-out map contains extensive information about the 45 miles of paths and trails within the Rockford Park District, and the more than 87 miles of trails within the WCFPD.
Rockford Park District Horticulture and Parks Manager Dan Erwin said: “We have some of the best paths and trails. This map comes at a perfect time, since more and more people are looking for a way to be physically engaged. Aside from the fresh air, getting out and exploring one of these paths or trails give you a chance to see what nature has to offer.”
Path and Trail Map features include the following:
• Names and addresses of all 63 paths/trails;
• Large, colorful map with easy-to-locate locations;
• Actual distance of each path/trail;
• Trail surface types: dirt path, mowed grass path, gravel path, paved path;
• Amenities outlined: parking, restrooms, shelter;
• Examples of path usage recommendations: hiking, bicycles, equestrian, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling; and
• Recreation opportunities: playground, fishing, camping.
The Path and Trail map can be found at all Rockford Park District Customer Service locations and all Rockford Park District facilities, as well as the offices of the Winnebago Forest Preserve District, 5500 Northrock Drive, Rockford.
From the March 28-April 3, 2012, issue