- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Park District honors individuals, organizations
The Rockford Park District held the 2011 Illinois Park and Recreation Association (IPRA) Illinois Association of Park Districts (IAPD) Community Service Awards March 21 at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park.
Community Service Awards are presented every year to dedicated individuals, agencies, partners and companies who have unselfishly assisted the Rockford Park District in helping to fulfill its mission of helping people enjoy life.
Executive Director Tim Dimke said: “This is a chance for us to demonstrate our appreciation for the many dedicated individuals, organizations, agencies, companies and partners. We can’t do it alone, but with the help of others, we can do what we do best, and give our taxpayers a high return on their investment.”
Following are 2011 Community Service Award recipients: Aldeen Men’s Golf Association, All Faith Community Center, Aqua-Aerobic Systems, Inc., Arles Hendershott, Bill Hartenberger, Black Healthcare Coalition, City of Rockford, Cooling Land Concepts, Dawn McGirk, David Sidney and Joe Anderson, Divine Divas & Dons, Eclipse Foundation, Edward Jones, Forest City Tennis Center, Gary, Allan, and Adam Hansberger; GiGi’s Playhouse, Gordon Kaye, BMO Harris Bank Center; Irv Johnson, Midway Village volunteer; K-LOVE, Kurt Carlson, Lloyd Johnston II, NAACP; Lowe’s, Mark Packard; New Zion Baptist Church, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Ringland Johnson, Inc., Rock City Jaguars, Rockford Fire Department, Rockford Housing Authority, Rockford Memorial Development Foundation, Rockford Wrestling Club, Rodger Spielman, Rudy Valdez, St. Bridget Church and School, Stenstrom General Contractor, Susan Peterson, Discovery Center Volunteer; Swedish Historical Society, William Charles, Winnebago County, YMCA of Rock River Valley and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority.
From the March 28-April 3, 2012, issue