- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Red Cross names new executive director
The Rock River Chapter of the American Red Cross in Rockford has named Lisa Ramsby as the new executive director, beginning her duties as of March 26.
Ramsby comes to the Red Cross after serving in various capacities at the YMCA of the Rock River Valley for the past 11 years. Since 2009, she has served as executive director of the Y’s Big Brothers/Big Sisters program. As executive director, she was responsible for day-to-day operations, staff supervision, grant writing, volunteer recruitment and training, donor development, and fund-raising events.
Ramsby’s other positions at the YMCA included seven years as the senior director of Community Outreach and a year as case manager and Learn to Earn program instructor. In these roles, she was responsible for working with at-risk youth, volunteer and staff development, matching youth with volunteers, and all program reports and record-keeping.
She brings extensive experience in grant writing and fund-raising to the Red Cross and is an active member of the Rockford community. She is a member of the Junior League of Rockford and volunteers for the United Way of the Rock River Valley. In addition, she’s been the race director for the OSF Heritage Run Race for four years and is a past chairman of the YMCA’s Strong Kids Campaign.
Ramsby holds a bachelor’s degree in social work from Illinois State University and is completing a master’s degree in nonprofit leadership and management.
From the March 28-April 3, 2012, issue