- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
Red Cross names new executive director
The Rock River Chapter of the American Red Cross in Rockford has named Lisa Ramsby as the new executive director, beginning her duties as of March 26.
Ramsby comes to the Red Cross after serving in various capacities at the YMCA of the Rock River Valley for the past 11 years. Since 2009, she has served as executive director of the Y’s Big Brothers/Big Sisters program. As executive director, she was responsible for day-to-day operations, staff supervision, grant writing, volunteer recruitment and training, donor development, and fund-raising events.
Ramsby’s other positions at the YMCA included seven years as the senior director of Community Outreach and a year as case manager and Learn to Earn program instructor. In these roles, she was responsible for working with at-risk youth, volunteer and staff development, matching youth with volunteers, and all program reports and record-keeping.
She brings extensive experience in grant writing and fund-raising to the Red Cross and is an active member of the Rockford community. She is a member of the Junior League of Rockford and volunteers for the United Way of the Rock River Valley. In addition, she’s been the race director for the OSF Heritage Run Race for four years and is a past chairman of the YMCA’s Strong Kids Campaign.
Ramsby holds a bachelor’s degree in social work from Illinois State University and is completing a master’s degree in nonprofit leadership and management.
From the March 28-April 3, 2012, issue