- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
School of Radiation Therapy earns top accreditation
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) recently awarded the SwedishAmerican School of Radiation Therapy with maximum, eight-year accreditation status.
The School of Radiation Therapy offers baccalaureate and certificate programs that prepare students for careers as radiation therapists.
The JRCERT is the only agency recognized by the United States Department of Education for the accreditation of traditional and distance delivery educational programs in radiography, radiation therapy, magnetic resonance, and medical dosimetry.
Specialized accreditation awarded by the JRCERT offers institutions significant value by providing peer evaluation and by assuring the public of quality professional education in the radiologic sciences.
SwedishAmerican’s program was evaluated according to the Standards for an Accredited Educational Program in Radiation Therapy (2011), and continuing accreditation status was awarded following JRCERT’s Feb. 28 meeting.
More about the School of Radiation Therapy is available at http://www.swedishamerican.org/careers/educational_opportunities/school_of_radiation_therapy/.
SwedishAmerican also is home to the SwedishAmerican School of Radiography, which offers certificate and baccalaureate programs that provide students with skills for employment in the field of radiography. More about the program is available at http://www.swedishamerican.org/careers/educational_opportunities/school_of_radiography/.
From the March 28-April 3, 2012, issue