- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
School of Radiation Therapy earns top accreditation
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) recently awarded the SwedishAmerican School of Radiation Therapy with maximum, eight-year accreditation status.
The School of Radiation Therapy offers baccalaureate and certificate programs that prepare students for careers as radiation therapists.
The JRCERT is the only agency recognized by the United States Department of Education for the accreditation of traditional and distance delivery educational programs in radiography, radiation therapy, magnetic resonance, and medical dosimetry.
Specialized accreditation awarded by the JRCERT offers institutions significant value by providing peer evaluation and by assuring the public of quality professional education in the radiologic sciences.
SwedishAmerican’s program was evaluated according to the Standards for an Accredited Educational Program in Radiation Therapy (2011), and continuing accreditation status was awarded following JRCERT’s Feb. 28 meeting.
More about the School of Radiation Therapy is available at http://www.swedishamerican.org/careers/educational_opportunities/school_of_radiation_therapy/.
SwedishAmerican also is home to the SwedishAmerican School of Radiography, which offers certificate and baccalaureate programs that provide students with skills for employment in the field of radiography. More about the program is available at http://www.swedishamerican.org/careers/educational_opportunities/school_of_radiography/.
From the March 28-April 3, 2012, issue