- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Adults to get self-defense classes from Elite Defense Systems
Online Staff Report
Elite Defense Systems (EDS) is scheduled to hold a 7-8 p.m. adults’ self-defense class April 3-24 through Rock Valley College (RVC).
The class is a response to the rising number of assaults that have been reported within Rockford — 922 in 2009 to 1,646 in 2010.
According to Matt Numrich, owner and chief instructor of the EDS, a good number of self-defense schools focus too much on the art, and although that is not a bad thing, it is not very practical. Numrich said men need to hone a certain set of skills that will help them overcome altercations and, thereby, save themselves and their loved ones. By focusing on street self-defense, this ultimate goal will be reached.
During the adult self-defense class, students will also get a complete workout routine to work their muscles and improve their cardiovascular health.
“There is no right or wrong thing when it comes to martial arts, as well as right or wrong time to begin training in self-defense,” Numrich said. “Rather, there is only a wrong or right attitude towards the whole idea of self-defense.”
For a reservation for the upcoming event, contact Numrich at (815) 885-4758 or visit www.elitejkd.com.
Posted March 29, 2012