- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
Adults to get self-defense classes from Elite Defense Systems
Online Staff Report
Elite Defense Systems (EDS) is scheduled to hold a 7-8 p.m. adults’ self-defense class April 3-24 through Rock Valley College (RVC).
The class is a response to the rising number of assaults that have been reported within Rockford — 922 in 2009 to 1,646 in 2010.
According to Matt Numrich, owner and chief instructor of the EDS, a good number of self-defense schools focus too much on the art, and although that is not a bad thing, it is not very practical. Numrich said men need to hone a certain set of skills that will help them overcome altercations and, thereby, save themselves and their loved ones. By focusing on street self-defense, this ultimate goal will be reached.
During the adult self-defense class, students will also get a complete workout routine to work their muscles and improve their cardiovascular health.
“There is no right or wrong thing when it comes to martial arts, as well as right or wrong time to begin training in self-defense,” Numrich said. “Rather, there is only a wrong or right attitude towards the whole idea of self-defense.”
For a reservation for the upcoming event, contact Numrich at (815) 885-4758 or visit www.elitejkd.com.
Posted March 29, 2012