- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Bickford House starts monthly Family Support Group April 4
Online Staff Report
Bickford House. 960 N. Mulford Road, Rockford, will hold its first Family Support Group at 6 p.m., Wednesday, April 4, with co-host Peak Professional Health Services. Each month a guest speaker will highlight aspects of the adult child’s journey as they navigate the uncertain waters of “caregiving.” Group members will also have the opportunity to share information, experiences, insights and support.
The April meeting topic, “Area Resources for Seniors and Caregivers,” will be presented by Northwestern Illinois Area Agency on Aging (NIAAA).
The meetings are free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be provided. Call Tracy at the Bickford House, (815) 397-7100, to reserve a seat.
Posted March 29, 2012