- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Bickford House starts monthly Family Support Group April 4
Online Staff Report
Bickford House. 960 N. Mulford Road, Rockford, will hold its first Family Support Group at 6 p.m., Wednesday, April 4, with co-host Peak Professional Health Services. Each month a guest speaker will highlight aspects of the adult child’s journey as they navigate the uncertain waters of “caregiving.” Group members will also have the opportunity to share information, experiences, insights and support.
The April meeting topic, “Area Resources for Seniors and Caregivers,” will be presented by Northwestern Illinois Area Agency on Aging (NIAAA).
The meetings are free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be provided. Call Tracy at the Bickford House, (815) 397-7100, to reserve a seat.
Posted March 29, 2012