- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Bickford House starts monthly Family Support Group April 4
Online Staff Report
Bickford House. 960 N. Mulford Road, Rockford, will hold its first Family Support Group at 6 p.m., Wednesday, April 4, with co-host Peak Professional Health Services. Each month a guest speaker will highlight aspects of the adult child’s journey as they navigate the uncertain waters of “caregiving.” Group members will also have the opportunity to share information, experiences, insights and support.
The April meeting topic, “Area Resources for Seniors and Caregivers,” will be presented by Northwestern Illinois Area Agency on Aging (NIAAA).
The meetings are free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be provided. Call Tracy at the Bickford House, (815) 397-7100, to reserve a seat.
Posted March 29, 2012